High Concept Labs’ Sponsored Artist Program is designed to promote the growth of artists and their work through the donation of customizable, no-cost support services including:
- Rehearsal, workshop and performance space (8-10 hours per week on average)
- Administrative and production assistance
- Communications and design support
- Audience development and media outreach
- Artistic consultation
- Photo and video documentation
- Strategic networking for partnerships, funding, and creative collaborators
- Teaching and workshop opportunities
- Participation in HCL Artist Critique sessions
- Field-based or cross-disciplinary mentorship
- and more
Projects are chosen twice a year and last for a period of four months. Each season is curated to represent emerging and established artists from a range of artistic disciplines. We sponsor three paths of development based on different intentions for the end-result of the project.
- Incubation – projects that require services to support the long-term development of a body of work and are not geared toward a public showing.
- Workshop – projects that are geared toward a workshop-showing of work after a period of incubation. The purpose of the showing is to gauge the development of the work and see how it changes in the presence of an invited audience.
- Exhibition/Performance – HCL acts as a producing partner to present a formal exhibition or performance for the public (may or may not also include a period of incubation and/or workshop).
Find out mroe about the program and application process at the link below.